Countries Eligible for US Green Card DV Lottery Registration Program 2014
LIST OF COUNTRIES BY REGION WHOSE NATIVES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE OFFICIAL USA GREEN CARD LOTTERY REGISTRATION ENTRY 2014
(DV LOTTERY PROGRAM 2014)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: To check the Winning status of your US Green Card Lottery entry, you need log in to your account from GreenCardService.org if you have used the GreenCardService Organization for the USA Green Card Lottery Entry.
To Check Your USA Green Card Lottery Application Winning Results, YOU MUST FILE REQUEST FORM HERE:
The congressionally mandated Diversity Immigrant Visa Program is administered on an annual basis by the Department of State and conducted based on United States law, specifically Section 203(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). This law provides for a class of immigrants known as “diversity immigrants,” with visas made available to persons from countries with historically low rates of immigration to the United States. For Fiscal Year 2014, 50,000 diversity visas (DV) will be available.
The annual DV program makes visas available to persons meeting simple, but strict, eligibility requirements. A computer-generated, random drawing chooses selectees for DVs. The visas are distributed among six geographic regions, and within each region, no single country may receive more than seven percent of the available DVs in any one year. Visas are allocated to natives of countries with historically lower rates of U.S. immigration. Natives of countries who have sent more than 50,000 immigrants to the United States over the past five years are not eligible to apply for the Diversity Visa program.
For the Diversity Visa Lottery Program 2014, natives of the following countries1 are NOT eligible to apply because the countries sent a total of more than 50,000 immigrants to the United States in the previous five years:
BANGLADESH, BRAZIL, CANADA, CHINA (mainland-born), COLOMBIA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, ECUADOR, EL SALVADOR, HAITI, INDIA, JAMAICA, MEXICO, PAKISTAN, PERU, PHILIPPINES, SOUTH KOREA, UNITED KINGDOM (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, and VIETNAM.
Persons born in Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, and Taiwan are eligible.
Changes in eligibility this year: FOR DV 2014, NATIVES OF GUATEMALA ARE NOW ELIGIBLE FOR SELECTION.
IF YOUR COUNTRY OF BIRTH IS NOT QUALIFIED FOR THE US GREEN CARD LOTTERY, YOU MAY STILL BE ABLE TO QUALIFY! /read below/:
The Department of State implemented the Electronic Registration system (eDV) beginning with DV-2005 in order to make the DV process more efficient and secure. The Department utilizes special technology and other means to identify those who commit fraud for the purposes of illegal immigration or those who submit multiple entries.
TO START THE PROCESS, CLICK ON
AND SUBMIT YOUR INFORMATION.
LIST OF COUNTRIES/AREAS BY REGION WHOSE NATIVES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR OFFICIAL DV LOTTERY PROGRAM 2014 FOR USA GREEN CARD LOTTERY ENTRY.
The list below shows the countries whose natives are eligible for DV Lottery 2014, grouped by geographic region. Dependent areas overseas are included within the region of the governing country. The countries whose natives are not eligible for the DV Lottery Program 2014 program were identified by USCIS, according to the formula in Section 203(c) of the INA. The countries whose natives are not eligible for the DV program (because they are the principal source countries of Family-Sponsored and Employment-Based immigration or “high-admission” countries) are noted after the respective regional lists.
Central African Republic
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
Cote D’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
Sao Tome and Principe
Persons born in the Gaza Strip are chargeable to Egypt; persons born in the West Bank are chargeable to Jordan; persons born in the Golan Heights are chargeable to Syria.
Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
United Arab Emirates
Natives of the following Asia Region countries are NOT eligible for this year’s diversity program: Bangladesh, China (mainland-born), India, Pakistan, South Korea, Philippines, and Vietnam.
Hong Kong S.A.R. (Asia), Macau S.A.R. (Europe), and Taiwan (Asia) Do Qualify and are listed here.
Persons born in the areas administered prior to June 1967 by Israel, Jordan, and Syria are chargeable, respectively, to Israel, Jordan, and Syria. Persons born in the Gaza Strip are chargeable to Egypt; persons born in the West Bank are chargeable to Jordan; persons born in the Golan Heights are chargeable to Syria.
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Denmark (including components and dependent areas overseas)
France (including components and areas overseas)
Macau Special Administrative Region
Netherlands (including components and dependent areas overseas)
Portugal (including components and dependent areas overseas)
Natives of the following European countries are NOT eligible for this year’s DV program: Great Britain (United Kingdom). Great Britain (United Kingdom) includes the following dependent areas: Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Montserrat, Pitcairn, St. Helena, and Turks and Caicos Islands.
Note that for purposes of the diversity program only, Northern Ireland is treated separately; Northern Ireland Does Qualify and is listed among the qualifying areas.
Macau S.A.R. Does Qualify and is listed above.
In North America, natives of Canada and Mexico are NOT eligible for this year’s diversity program.
Australia (including components anddependent areas overseas)
Micronesia, Federated States of
New Zealand (including components and dependent areas overseas)
Papua New Guinea
SOUTH AMERICA, CENTRAL AMERICA, AND THE CARIBBEAN
Antigua and Barbuda
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
Countries in this region whose natives are NOT eligible for this year’s diversity program: Brazil, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico, and Peru.
TO START THE PROCESS, CLICK ON
AND SUBMIT YOUR INFORMATION.
- USA Green Card Lottery Winning Result Check, Did I Win Green Card?
- Common Mistakes when Checking Green Card Lottery Winning Results
- How to Increase Your Chances to Win USA Green Card Lottery
- STEP 1 of 3 Green Card Lottery Registration Form
- STEP 2 of 3- Payment & Service Plan for USA Green Card Lottery Registration
- STEP 3 of 3 - Photo, Spouse & Children Information
- Photo Requirements for USA Green Card Lottery
- Photo Examples for USA Green Card Lottery Application (DV-Lottery)
- DV-Lottery 2017. Countries Eligible for USA Green Card Lottery Program year 2015
- Countries Eligible for US Green Card DV Lottery Registration Program 2014
- Countries Eligible for USA Green Card Lottery Program year 2013 for DV-2015
- Countries Eligible for USA Green Card Lottery Program DV 2013
- Countries Eligible for USA Green Card Lottery DV-2012
- Immigration Poll of the Week 2
- About USA Green Card Lottery Service on GreenCardService.org
- Contact Us on GreenCardService.org
Green Card News
- 01/01/2016 КОГДА МОЖНО ПОДАТЬ ЗАЯВКУ ДЛЯ УЧАСТИЯ В ЛОТЕРЕИ ГРИН КАРТА США 2016 (ДВ 2018 ЛОТЕРЕЯ)?
- 06/01/2015 Результаты Лотереи Грин Кард по странам для лотереи 2014 года (ДВ-2016)
- 05/12/2014 USA Green Card Lottery Winning Results, How Correctly Check It?
- 10/01/2013 HOW TO INCREASE YOUR CHANCES TO WIN USA GREEN CARD LOTTERY
- 09/13/2013 DV-2015 Countries Eligible for US Green Card Lottery year 2013
- 08/14/2013 USA Green Card Lottery Winning Results 2013 for DV-2014
- 06/02/2013 USA Visa Bulletin by Country For July 2013
- 05/01/2013 How To Check my USA Green Card Lottery Winning Results?
- 09/17/2012 DV-2014 Countries Eligible for US Green Card Lottery 2014